ssshhhh....don't tell Emily, I dont think she reads my blog....maybe she does. But I will get an "I told you so" if she reads this, or hears about my experience. Let me explain why.
I have pork in the freezer....its been there for a long time. So, last weekend I decided I was going to cook it all up and eat it. My roommate is half jewish...(the jewish part that doesnt eat pork)...she didnt like the idea of me making pork...cuz she wouldnt get to enjoy eating it. She gave me warnings....she said...dont make pork! I didnt listen...it needed to be eaten, so I started to search for recipes. I found a handful of them...and they sounded really yummy. One recipe was for this pork stir fry, another for stuffing and pork (i already had the ingredients...so I decided to go for this one first it).
When I decided to make the pork...First of all...I couldnt find the recipe....Emily told me, this was a sign from God that I shouldnt make it. Once I found the recipe...I got to work. It seemed really basic. The recipe requires you to fry the pork over the stove on medium-high heat.....I dont know what I did...maybe i dont understand cooking pork....but i dont think i cooked it right. It came out really chewy and not edible....so, i secretly tossed it in the trash.
Its ok, I thought....I will do an easy recipe for the rest of the pork i need to cook. The next recipe i decided to just go with a marinated pulled pork for sandwiches. The instructions were to use a slow cooker. Cant go wrong with a crock pot can you? Um...apparently you can. I burnt the pork. Instead of it being soft and chewy...it was hard and crunchy! (still edible...just not the same experience).
So, I have come to this conclusion: though I still like to eat pork....its not meant for me to cook. And Emily just may have gotten her prayers answered....either that...or it was a sign from God.
1 comment:
Rach, I love you!!! This story made me laugh out loud because I just so love #1) That you are an independent person and you went ahead and cooked pork regardless of your dear 1/2 Jewish roommate.
#2) That you totally not accept defeat when it came out chewy, instead a simple placement in the trash, and onto the next recipe! #3) You have cooking disasters too which makes us even more kindred spirits...if you recall, I've mixed up vinegar and vanilla in a bread pudding receipe destined for little old ladies at a nursing home, an infamous chicken disaster where I accidently served up raw chicken, and of course the unfortunate and smelly disaster of baking cinnamon rolls in a plastic dish. :)
Post a Comment